CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Driving to Ohio

Last week we packed the family up and travelled to Ohio to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. I have been preparing for and anticipating this trip for months.. but the party was a surprise, which is why I did not mention it here. My grandmother will not actually turn 8o until December, but since her kids and grandkids live all over - we planned it in the summer so we would all be able to get there. We had a blast, but I will blog more about that later. For now, here are some pics of our drive up. Hope you enjoy... The beautiful Ohio countryside. We were in Amish country when i took these shots...
more about them later.


Alright, so these pictures are a little out of order... this one is in Charleston, WV. John and I decided to be kind to ourselves and split the drive up in half. We spent the night in a hotel in Charleston, WV. We were a little concerned about how our three kids would do in one hotel room - but they did great. The babies went right to sleep and they all enjoyed the unusual "house" (as Ethan called it). The picture above is the view out of our hotel window- a view of Charleston. Not much to blog about in Charleston. The smallest state capitol I have seen. The landscape in West Virgina is breath- taking, but the towns are depressed looking It is really an odd combination. And, any rate, we enjoyed the hotel, the pool, the waffles, and the view.
Enjoying singing in the hotel room as Mom and Dad packed up to leave.

Back in the car again.

Ethan is an easy traveller now,

with the novelty of a TV in the car and some new books - he was begging to ride.

Isaac was our worst traveller. He can be a little whiny thing. Here is covered in Cookie Crisp (a travelling treat) which we gave him to try and get him to be quit - or at least happy. (Sorry it turned out so blurry - I don't know what my problem was!)

Our easiest traveller, by far. Our little Hooty Princess.Where, O Where is her hair bow???

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver