CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation Bible School

Can an Inner-city Church be transformed into a Vacation Bible School Heaven??
The answer is yes!
Last week, the kids and I trotted out early every morning to participate in VBS at our church.
Ethan had a blast in the pre- school program and the babies had fun in the childcare area.
I taught the elementary school kids crafts- it was exciting and exhausting.
How was I ever a camp counselor?? The theme of the week.

A skit on the cool Science Lab Stage


Everyday, Isaac and Livy were asleep before we even left the church parking lot (literally).



Singing with his crew.

Pre- school Activities : Enjoying the Good- Ole Parachute.


Some kids from crafts. Enjoying the ooey gooey slime that we made one day.

The babies, cute, but exhausted after a long fun- filled week.

Check out those cute monogrammed shirts (thanks Elisabeth).

Friday night they had a celebration at church and asked the parents to come see what their kids did all week. Here is Ethan singing and dancing to the music!

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver