CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, July 21, 2008

Lake Tillery

On Sunday, we had the privilege of going down to Norwood and visiting John's Aunt and Uncle. They live on Lake Tillery in a house that John's maternal grandparents built. This house holds many fond memories of John's childhood and I am so glad our children are able to go relax and explore there. Thanks to Jim and Ann for hosting yesterday, we all had a great time. The kids even slept in this morning!!
The view from their front porch.

John's grandparent's home (and now his Aunt and Uncle).

Ethan and his cousin Jay. Don't they look like they could be brothers.


Jay styling on the Jetski.


Scarlett (Jay's sister) and Livy driving the boat.


The captain of the ship!



Carrie (john's cousin), me, Livy and Ethan out for a boat ride.

John's mom (Grandma) and Isaac.


Just the boys.


John and Shannon on the Jetski.


John's Uncle Jim and Aunt Ann.

Thanks again for a great day!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Shannon,
Thanks for posting this:) When I was reading about your grandmother, I kept thinking about my grandmother. Seeing the house almost took my breath away. Wish I could've been there Sunday, but even more wish that I had a time machine and could go fly a kite with her again, or sing with her while we do dishes.

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver