CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Bash!

This weekend, to celebrate the kids birthdays we had one big birthday bash. One of the benefits of having birthdays that are close together is getting to throw one big party! So here is what we did...As you can see we had a pirate theme (much to my chagrin!). Most of the kids dressed up and they all enjoyed pirate activities. Above is Captain Ethan in the bounce house (John surprised the kids and rented a giant bounce house - it was a big hit).

Ethan enjoying some pirate grub.

My paternal grandparents came down for a spring visit and enjoyed the party while they were here. Grandpa and Captain Isaac.


Grandma and Princess Livy.



The pirate cake. Yes, I made it myself. No, it did not take forever or a lot of skill. I will post how I did it later.





We walked the plank for gold.

The princess needs assistance in the plank walking.

There were small pirates.


Enjoying a pizza break with friends.


Cousins battle it out.

We searched for buried treasure.


Searching for the treasure with their pirate maps.
Want to make your own treasure map- I got the idea and pattern from here.


Check out my mustache.

So, here is the princess. Even though Livy agreed to the pirate theme - when it came down to it - she refused to dress like one. So (with big brother's permission;) she was the lone princess.

Ethan and a good buddy from school.


Enjoying the bounce house.
After most of the kids left, my mom, my best friend and I joined our kids in the bounce house. WOW was it a workout! No wonder all the kids were so tired!
Thanks to all our friends and family that made it possible! We were thrilled to finally have a birthday party with perfect weather! Third time's a charm!

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver