No this is not a blog entry about the Presbyterian Church of America... it is about Popcorn Cheese and Apples. This is a tradition we practiced regularly before we had the twins. My friend Robyn grew up doing this and passed the tradition on to us... thanks Robyn! (ps- you still need to get a blog!).
Basically, every Sunday night we would rent a movie and eat Popcorn, cheese and apples for dinner. Every week we would have several couples over and they would do PCA with us too. Now, if you have never done it before you may be thinking, WHAT? But, really, it is fun and tasty. The key is having enough cheese- variety and quantity both count! And, to popping fresh popcorn (none of that microwave junk!).
We have started doing it with our kids on special occasions... like a snow day. They love it! Here they are earlier this week with picnic blanket and all...
Even though they enjoyed it- I am praying next week we are back to the regular schedule... I love schedules.
Don't let the calmness of this photo fool you... about five minutes later Isaac broke his popcorn bowl (I know, I never should have used ceramic bowls- they were a Christmas gift). Then Liv tried to clean it up and cut her finger on one of the shards. She actually tore a chunk right off and it took forever and lots of gauze to get it to stop bleeding. My kids are pretty much always injured.
1 comment:
This is such a sweet idea! I have to know what movie you are watching...
Post a Comment