The Bleak Midwinter

This is the ecstatic five year old because God answered his prayers and gave this southern boy snow (again!). We rarely get 2 big snow storms a year - so he was thrilled!

Dancing on the table with excitement!

Our back yard... even the cars were all snowed in! We think we got between 6- 8 inches, but all the reports have been different. (We also got an entire day of sleet - yuck).


The twins were not as excited about the snow. Isaac was happy outside for about 15 minutes.

Watching a movie to pass the lazy day.

Twin # 2 was happy outside for about 1 minute! She is an inside girl (like her mommy). Both of us think the snow is beautiful - from the couch with a hot cup of tea (well okay, hot cocoa for her).

Since all of our weekend plans have been cancelled... I decided to spend the weekend getting Livy's "big girl" room started. I went kind of crazy last night and stayed up until 2am painting her room.

This color is Laura Ashley Petal- and yes it is the twin sister of Pepto Bismol. Even though I do like pink I NEVER thought I would have a pink room in my house. But, when I started to plan out what I was going to do - I asked Livy what she wanted (mistake #1) - and she has been insistent on the room being pink. Every time I suggested something else she said, "Big girl woom pink!". She doesn't talk much, but when she does she means it!
More to come on this room update. Still need wall decor, a bed, curtains, and accessories. So far all I have is a quilt, the walls painted, and inspiration! Stay tuned for more on the pepto room and a post about the boys room!
“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver
2 comments:
Not Pepto Bismol...blush & bashful!
Hey Shannon!!! Oh my goodness, it is you :)! My real world and blogger world rarely collide, so I was a little confused :). You guys look like you are doing awesome, and I too miss all you bible study friends of mine. I know Elisabeth and Anna are studying with you all right now...maybe one day. My Wednesday night girls are going to be the death of me, they are all I can handle right now.
I hope to see you soon!
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment