Tuesday, September 15, 2009
The (not as good as the state) Fair
So on Saturday night, I had the GREAT idea of taking the kids to the local fair. You have to understand, I grew up with the state fair and I thought they were all like that. Not so, my friend, not so. Even though we did enjoy delicious corndogs, the offerings at this fair were meager and comical. The petting zoo was a joke, there were no cool skills (like logging or caning) being demonstrated, there were no outstanding cakes, and I never saw a caramel apple! I think in the future we will just have t make the drive for the state fair and enjoy the real deal! Even though John and I laughed about the local "fair" Ethan had a big time. We told him he could choose 2 rides. He choose "dumbo" and the Ferris wheel. We were worried that he would freak out at the top of the Ferris wheel - but he loved it! (The only one sweating was John - he hates heights). Enjoy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver
No comments:
Post a Comment