CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, August 24, 2009

He Wasn't Born Yesterday...

Ethan, day 1, 3 hours old.

In so many ways it seems like he was... just born yesterday. Has it really been 5 and a half years? Do I really have to walk him into Kindergarten tomorrow... and leave?
The back pack is ready, new school outfit is laid out next to the bed, lunch is packed, and teacher's name practiced.
But, has it really been five years? There is so much more I had in mind to teach him before he started Kindergarten... but alas I must loosen my grip just a little tomorrow.
I read this today on one of my favorite blogs (her twins start kindergarten tomorrow also) and it was very encouraging... hope it encourages you...
“Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands…When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do. (based on Genesis 22:9-12, Ephesians 3:20 and Exodus 3:12)”~Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

Ethan is so very ready. I will be surprised tomorrow if he thinks twice of walking in and making new friends. But, I think I will be holding back the tears... or not.

I better go now before I get too sentimental... not really my thing, but nothing has hit so far as much as this milestone.

Ethan, age 2. One of my absolute favorite pictures of him.

Ethan, tonight, age 5 years and 5 months.

What a great kid he is turning out to be...

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver