On Saturday we hosted an early Thanksgiving with some of the Lilly's. John's parents, his Aunt Doris and Uncle Jim, his cousin Beth's family, and his brother and his family- were all able to come celebrate and eat with us! (We missed you Erin and Wes- maybe next year!!)
I cooked my first turkey (you were right mom it really was easy and your marinade made it really tasty!). I used my china for the first time (yes, I have owned it for seven years). And, everyone got to see our new house.
I really enjoyed hosting and hope we are able to again in the future!
The hit of the day, according to the kids, was the art project. I bought inexpensive wooden ornaments and nativity scenes at Micheal's and they painted to their hearts desire. I was impressed with the attention and effort they were able to spend on this project. Of course, I enjoy a craft or two, and I was still painting a good hour after most of the kids were done with it. I think Scarlett enjoyed it more than anyone, and she was (and is) quite the artist.
Here are some shots of the kids painting.
I did not think to photograph the bird, or my table- scape, or the adults.
But, here are the young artist's at work.
Scarlett working on her masterpiece.
Anyone know where the apron is from? All the kids wore my kitchen aprons to save their clothes. Ethan wore one of my oldest ones- any readers know its origin?
Leave a comment if you recognize it!
2 comments:
Might that be a CWR apron for the staff to sign? I have one of those!
Happy Thanksgiving guys! Great idea to have the art project for the kids. I'd say that's pretty brave of you to have a bunch of preschoolers with acrylics! Maybe we'll try that with the cousins this week. We'll be at my mom's house so at least there won't be paint on my floor:) Love, Jen
Post a Comment