CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Sorry these pictures are a little late! I have been slack lately about the family blog. Too much life going on! Below is Ethan carving the Halloween pumpkin. He LOVED using the knife and was actually pretty good at it. Our kids barely participated in Halloween this year and to be honest I am so glad Halloween is over. Is it just me or is Halloween a lot scarier than it was 20 years ago when I trick - or treated. Ethan only went to 2 houses, then said he did not feel good. He actually enjoyed handing out the candy and watching the Charlie Brown Halloween movie more (which is FINE with me). Seriously, to the random neighborhood adult who dresses up like a gorilla or a ghoul or the Texas chainsaw murderer- please STOP. I am going to tell you what no other mom will- we hate when you do this. You get to have fun for two hours and think the kids enjoy it- but weeks later the 4 year olds you "lovingly" scared are still upset about it. It's time to move on and retire the mask.
Anyway... here is our cutie. And next year we may go back to the church festivals - we all like things a little nicer.



No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver