CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, October 20, 2008

Who I think should have a blog...

I have been harassing these people to get blogs (or at least hinting)... I thought that if I tried it "publicly" I might just get a response. So here is who I would like to see enter the world of blogging...
  1. Robyn (best friend extraordinaire #1)- she was actually a journalism major and worked for a local paper out of college. she has a stellar writing voice and is a great photographer. not to mention she is overflowing with integrity ( so rare) and a fiercely loyal friend. AND her kids are SUPER cute. Come on Robyn - its easy (and addictive).
  2. Sarah (best friend extraordinaire #2)- sarah is a professional pre- school mom. seriously. she is extremely patient with her adorable preschoolers (yes you are) and is willing to have and watch more. she is also a serious and i mean SERIOUS bargain shopper (i have yet to meet her equal). i think she could have her own show on hgtv about bargain shopping. she is also a fabulous cook. not to mention full of character, an incredible prayer warrior, and a faithful friend. Come on Sarah- it takes no time at all - and you will like it more than facebook. And, with number three on the way - you can share all kinds of cute photos and stories.
  3. Kim (fellow shindigger and great friend)- mother of five. full time certified nurse midwife. missionary kid. great cook. bargain shopper. addicted to blogs - needs her own!!! Come on kim- we all want to hear your babe catching stories (you can change the names and dates)- and we all want to see pics of your new fabulous kitchen!
  4. Jane (great example of the type of woman i long to be)- jane is a mentor to me. she is wonderful teacher and a loyal friend. she has offered me so much practical wisdom and knowledge over the last 4 years - i could write a book. she is a terrific blessing to me and i would love to see her wisdom in blog form (and i know i am not the only one).
  5. Granny (my incredible maternal grandmother)- to have lived on this planet for 8o years... raised four successful (and I am not talking about financially - although that too) children and loved and nurtured 6 grandchildren and 3 great - grandchildren. she has endured great loss and yet is still so full of joy and life. she has taught me so many things i could not begin to summarize here. i would love to read a blog of all her memories. every time i am with her i grill her for any and all information about our family and the generations past... and if she had a blog i would not have to ;). Come on Granny - you are the most tech savvy great- grandmother I have ever heard of- all the tangeman family descendants would read it regularly!!

So, there is my top five. There are many others I thought of and could add, but these are my top pics today. But, seriously, Robyn and Sarah, this would be a great Christmas gift for me!! I would check it everyday!!


Who do you think should have a blog??

2 comments:

Kim said...

If you can think of a FEW more nice things to say about me, I just might do it :)

Laura said...

Shannon!!! hey this is Laura Parker!! I found your blog on Daniel and Jen's and loved looking at your pics and reading your posts!! three! wow. and sooo precious! love your writing, too! i totally agree with the blogging stuff. i just started one and am totally addicted. love writing and posting pics of the kids and normal life for my family back in nc (we live in colorado now). anyway, i am going to add you to my list and start checking regularly! have a great weekend! :) Laura
http://carolinaparkers.blogspot.com

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver