CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Weekend to Friendship

We had a blast this weekend with the Vandergriffs and the Hoffmans. we have gotten together with them (almost) every October since we graduated from college (Go Mountaineers!). John and I feel so blessed to have friends like them. I can't begin to stress here their value to us. We spent Friday night at home, eating Taco Soup (a tradition) and having a fire. The Saturday we went to Barnes and Noble in the morning and all got a free Starbucks coffee (they are doing this until October 31st - go to their website to print out the coupon)- came home and ate lunch and then after a little rest headed to The Great Pumpkin Party at Ethan's school. Doesn' t sound like much, does it?? It is hard to get 6 adults and 7.5 kids out the door. But we still had fun! All the pictures below are from the party. The kids had a great time. Afterward we came home, put the kids to bed and then the real party began!! (Even if it was interrupted by a possum). Until next October here's to you Vandergriff's and Hoffmans- life just would be dull without you!!

Ethan the farmer.

Isaac the grumpy pumpkin.

Olivia the happy pumpkin.







Ethan the farmer, Samuel the spider and Lily the duck.







Ethan and Samuel "Trunk or Treating"

Watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" on the lawn.


On the way home. Stripped off the pumpkin and relaxing after a fun day!















3 comments:

The Cox Family said...

Oh I want that coupon. Which site? B&N or Starbucks? Shoot me an email shannonpcox@gmail.com

Melissa said...

they're so cute. i'm glad ethan only had one option...i love it!!

SJ said...

Your little pumpkins are so cute!

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver