CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Where are we moving??

Our plan, barring any unforeseen forces, is to move to this lovely traditional home. This house sort of fell into our lap, we were not really even thinking about moving to this part of town. But, as God often has it, he answered our prayers with something even better than we were asking for.

Your inquiries and emails about where we are moving has been almost humorous. We are only moving 15 miles to the nearest city. It is larger than where we currently live (more than twice the size) , but it is no Atlanta, Seattle, or NY!!!! I am hesitant to post the name of the city- because I don't want any masked murderers or vicious kidnappers to take my three little monkeys!! But, if you know us, you can guess.

The house is currently owned by a woman that John used to work with. She raised her family in it and we feel blessed that we will be able to raise ours in it as well. It is considerably bigger than our current home, has great schools, is only 3 miles from John's office, and is so much closer to our friends and our church! There are so many things we are excited about in this house- it is full of potential for years to come- and it is an awesome home for entertaining (one of our favorite pastimes!) . After we move I will show some pics of the inside. Until then you will just have to wait!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Shannon,
I am so happy for you guys! How great to be in your "forever" house; or at least your family house. It looks awesome. I know you can't wait to decorate:)

the Cummings said...

The house is beautiful, Shannon, and I know you will make it even more beautiful on the inside. Let us know when you're up for visitors!!! (I guess I should offer moving help first, though!)

Meredith Uber said...

Love it! I know you are more than excited. Can't wait to come and see it once you have settled down.

The Cox Family said...

Love the new blog layout! Very cute! (The house is cute, too!)

Sarah said...

Love the house, Shannon! Thanks so much for all you are still doing for Bible Study whilst moving stuff! You are awesome!

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver