CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Old Empty House


Here is our "old" empty house. When the time came to lock up and drive away, I must admit I was a little bit sad. Not really to move, but because of closing a very challenging and rewarding season of our lives. I was also sad to leave behind all the work and updates we put into the house, but especially the floors and the light fixtures!! John is so talented and put endless hours into updating and improving this home. But, now onto the new house, where we will start all over again! Good times. (On a side note- the sadness over leaving "stuff" does not even compare to living close in- near work, near our friends, near church- it's awesome!!)
Old Dining Room, good- bye beautiful floors!

Old Family Room, good- bye best ceiling fan EVER!

Our old kitchen, good- bye new oven, and awesome bar stools and counter.



Good- bye bedrooms with plush carpet and 10# pad!
Good- bye kids bath.

Good- bye master bath. ( I will never miss your size!)

And, now onto the future!!! First thing to load... Ethan!!

BEFORE THE RENOVATIONS

Here are some before shots of our "old" house. I post them mostly for my own encouragement, to prove that an out of date house can be given new life!! The shots are in no particular order.



Can you tell why we wanted to update??


3 comments:

melanie said...

wow! I can't believe the changes!

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys did an awesome job. I know that was major work! Congratulations on your new home!

Angela said...

Wowzers! You did do a lot! We had to update from the 80's...looks lie yours was the 70's? Awesome job! We have now redone virtually everything (except two bathrooms) in this house and whenever we move, it will be so sad to leave all that work behind! But as you say...onward!! (You will eventually get unpacked...I did. :))

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver