CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Joy of Easter

I realize these posts are out of order... but bear with me we have had a lot going on! I did not want Easter to pass without recording it here.

I love Easter. I was born on Easter (32 years ago) and I always think that time of year is blessed and peaceful (even in the midst of difficult circumstances). Every year Easter reminds us of so many important things and I want to make sure that I am teaching these important things to my children.

Easter Teaches Us That...

~No matter how long, hard, and cold the winter,
spring and new life will always follow.

~Even though many things can look dead and beyond revival,
come spring they will bloom again.

~Chocolate and jelly beans can soothe many woes.

~ Miracles did and do happen.

~ Sunday always follows Friday.
It can look like darkness has won,
but behold Sunday is coming.

and most importantly

~God keeps his promises.
He does what he says he will do.
Even if circumstances look bleak-
He will never fail to fulfill his promises.

Here is how we spent or beautiful and sunny Easter...



At the park for playing and pictures.







Having an annual Easter Egg Hunt at my parents house.




To try and keep the focus on the real reason for Easter we celebrate in other ways too...

We use Resurrection Eggs as a countdown and teaching tool. You can make them with these instructions (there are a ton of options online for making them - this is just one) or buy them here.

We read many books about Easter and what it really means.

We display this crown of thorns on our dining room table. I tear up every year when I get it out.

And, we make Resurrections Rolls.

I would love to hear any other ideas!

1 comment:

Meredith Uber said...

OH we did resurrection rolls, they turned out so good, which says a lot for me and my baking.

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver