On first glance, you might think this is a cute picture of Liv's hands after finger painting. But, oh no! This is red nail polish.
You see- the twins have started climbing out of their beds and terrorizing the house. They used to be perfect 12 hour sleepers (down at 7 up at 7). But, no more. Now they get out of bed 20 times a night! (I exaggerate, but you get the point). Liv actually got up at 4:30 am one morning this week and headed downstairs to start the day-- um I don't think so little lady!!!
But, back to Tuesday afternoon...
I thought they were napping- they were so quiet- I even stood at the bottom of the stairs to listen for them (since they have gotten out of bed so much lately- despite consistent discipline). Then after they had been up there about an hour and a half - I STARTED TO SMELL SOMETHING. Something distinct... nail polish.
Livy and her sidekick (Isaac) had emptied about 6 bottles of nail polish on the tile in our master bathroom. They also pulled tons of stuff out of the vanity (including two pocket knifes and a set of curlers they plugged in - in another room).
To make matters worse- they were wearing new outfits. That's right folks NEW!! (Now, you have to understand I pretty much NEVER buy new clothes for the kids- we buy everything on ebay, at consignment sales, yard sales, or 2nd hand stores). But, because it was picture day at school - I had bought them ALL new clothing- new dress (ruined), new tights (ruined), new shoes (spared), new hair bow ( ruined), new pants (ruined), new shirt (ruined), new socks (ruined).
And, they tracked pink and red foots prints over the carpet in our bedroom. And, they ruined their favorite blankets and several "toiletry" items in the bathroom.
But, the real cost is my sanity. Most of the time I feel like I can barely keep up with "normal" responsibilities- let alone afternoons graced with nail polish destruction!
I love the twins more than I could type here - my kids were all answers to prayer - I begged God for all of them (and specifically for twins). But, thank God for breaks too! To keep my sanity this week they saw both grandmothers and I went out one night by myself (thanks to a great husband).
Hopefully, there will be no more nail polish disasters and I can blog about the "fun" life.
Moral, of the story- be careful what you pray for ;)!
4 comments:
oh WOW.
Bless your heart!
there are no words for that.... the new clothes would have killed me.
oh my goodness...charlie and i were torn...we were laughing so hard, but also felt so bad for you! good thing they are so cute!
Post a Comment