CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday Season

Christmas is not the only big season in our house, we also have birthday season. With all three kids celebrating within 10 days we are partied out by mid April. Not too mention my sister, our nephew, some close family friends, and my own birthday are all within the same couple of weeks. It is a fun time, but I am already "caked out".
On Saturday we had a birthday party for the three kiddos. Ethan picked a Jurassic theme this year and it was a lot of fun. We decided to have the birthday party at home this year and it was great. I know this is not for everyone, but we have decided birthday parties are getting a little out of hand... and so we decided to do a throw back birthday party. For us this meant close friends, at the house, order pizza, mom decorates the house and makes the cake, play some party games, and rip open presents too fast to tell who they were from! Ethan's dinosaur theme was a big hit. Everyone loved the t-rex tracks that were found all over the house (pictured above).
Ethan insisted on party hats and kazoo like things.
Here is the cake. I am pretty proud of how it turned out. If you can't tell - it's a volcano (with real smoke (thanks to dry ice)) and a dinosaur scene. I think it tasted pretty good too.




Enjoying some lunch with good friends. Nothing like some pepperoni pizza and some 4 and 5 year old chatter.


The babes enjoyed themselves. Can you believe they are nearly two!!

My grandparents, and therefore the kiddos GREAT grandparents were able to come (from Ohio) which was a real treat.

Probably the favorite activity of the day was painting dinosaur eggs. All the big kids got really into it. Above Samuel and River are straight serious about their eggs.

Kieran and Gavin get into painting.

Ethan showed us all a new technique on his miniature egg.

Another fun game was the dinosaur toss. Pretty straight forward... throw the dinosaurs into the "volcano". Only a few people were hit by flying dinosaurs. No, really... only a few.
They showed the dinosaurs who was king now.

The final game was Pin the Horn on the Triceratops. A big hit. And, the poster did not turn out too bad, if I do say so myself!!

A dizzy Ethan gives it a try.

Dizzy Samuel.
Thanks to all our friends and family who made the day so great for the kids!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

we had so much fun! and the dinosaur eggs are still on display over here!

Sarah said...

It looks like SO much fun. Shannon, the cake is awesome! My favorite birthdays were not the big ones (not that I ever really had them) but the ones my mom created for me at home like you did. Those are forever and fun memories. Kudos to you for keeping it real and keeping it simple and fun!

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver