CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Six Months Old!



We have made it SIX MONTHS!!! I think there should be a prize given out to parents, grandparents, and siblings that are able to survive the first six months with twins! These six months have been some of the most difficult and rewarding of my life. I am so proud and surprised that we have made it here with everyone still alive and healthy.

The twins had their six month check up last week and Isaac weighed 19 lbs. 6 oz. (80%) and Livy weighed 17 lbs. 1 oz (75%).

So here is what they are up too (since everyone keeps asking). They are both rolling over (all over the place), they can both sit with support, they are both extremely social and smiley, they are eating rice cereal, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes (we are adding one new food a week). Isaac is our little charmer- he can be shy with strangers, but once he warms up he will smile you to death. Livy is our little gymnast- if you lay her on the floor she will roll across the floor and can push her self up on all fours and rock back and forth. This is a real shocker to me - since Isaac is totally uninterested- and Ethan did not do this for another 2 months. One milestone we are still waiting for is sleeping through the night. I realized last night when I was laying in bed- I have not slept through the night in over a year. Last year at this time I was still battling morning sickness and a compromised bladder and was getting up 4 or 5 times a night. Now, our little angels still get up many times a night. I am beginning to wonder if they will ever sleep through the night- or will I be getting up with them at 17!!

Ethan is doing really well with the babes now. He has finally accepted that they are not going anywhere and is EXTREMELY protective. You can not even joke about "taking one" - Ethan will not stand for it. They are his babies!

So I guess that is about it. We are all making it here. We have really good days when we think "This is not so bad" and really bad days when we think "How are we going to keep doing this!" and "I don't think I can get up one more time or change one more diaper!".

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver