
Christmas ornaments were a big deal in the family I grew up in. Every year my Aunt, grandmother, and various other relatives gave all the children in the family an ornament. Often they were collectible, based on a special memory, or found on a vacation during the previous year. They did this to build up a set of ornaments for each child when they were grown, and also because they loved Christmas.
Because of this family tradition (and because of other circumstances that I will explain later) I have a lot of ornaments. But, I am happy to have too many. It means I have been well loved through childhood and beyond.
I am so thankful for all the people the ornaments represent, but today I am particularly thankful for my grandmother. She made Christmas magical for me and today is her 83rd Birthday. I love you Granny!
Check out my 3 elves!


No comments:
Post a Comment