CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Watauga River

One final post on our mountain day and then I will be on to some other events in the world of Hoots. After ruining our teeth we walked around a park that backs backs up to Mast General store. At the back of the park is a river... the Watauga River. We came to this park many times in college, I have walked around it a thousand times, and I never really noticed the river. I am sure I noticed it was there - I had just never paid it much attention. But, as we turned the corner on the path and the river became visible all six blue eyes lit up. The first question, "Can we get in?". So the kids jumped right in clothes, shoes and all. It was cold and beautiful. Here are my cute cold kids.




Trying to stay somewhat dry.

Gave up on the dry idea and went under.

Crying because it was cold on little southern toes.

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver