CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacation Bible School

A couple of weeks ago our church hosted Vacation Bible School -Crocodile Dock theme. It was sort of a bayou theme... Anyway, Ethan said this was his favorite part of the summer and the babes really enjoyed it too. I am so thankful for things like VBS that reiterate what we are trying to teach Ethan at home. A few days ago, Livy was scared by something and Ethan immediately jumped in with- " You don't have to be afraid Liv, God is always with us!". (This was one of the daily themes). There is nothing better than when you know your kids are "getting it". Anywho- hope you enjoy a couple of shots...
Ethan and his bestest bud, Kieran.

Some of the awesome bayou decorations. We are blessed to have some really talented people at church that decorate and lead all the sessions.

Morning songs and skits- the kids all love this time.


And, here is a random shot. While the kids are all singing and acting crazy - here is Ethan- SEATED! I kept asking him what was wrong, because at home he dances around like a wild man singing the songs as loud as possible (fyi - it's only cute the first time!). He said he loved the songs - but at church it was just too loud! He is also not used to being the youngest in a group - I think the older kids were a little intimidating.





No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver