CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Big ONE!!!!

The babies have officially made it to ONE YEAR!!!
It is hard to believe just one year ago I was being wheeled into the surgical unit to meet and greet my two precious bundles for the first time. I will never forget seeing their bright and chubby faces when I first met them.
This year has been a challenge and a delight, and we have often said, if we make it one year- we will keep them!!! Well I guess we can't re- nig now...
We celebrated their birthday minimally the day of. We went to lunch with some life long friends that were in town for the day, Mark and Emily. What a blessing that was.
Then we went to dinner as a family- then home for cake and ice cream and (a few presents).
Here we are at dinner at Elisabeth's Pizza- our favorite pizza joint.
It beats Pizza Hut or Papa John's any day (sorry, Kim;)).

Then a quick "birthday" trip to Sam's Club. We had to go pick a couple of things for the kiddos birthday party. The babies LOVED the carts at Sam's. This is the only place I know of where the babies can sit side by side in the buggy - which they love.





Now, at home for some birthday cake.

A pink cake for Livy and a blue one for Isaac.

I know most of my friends have beautiful cakes made to order from Ganache or Delicious. But, I just can't bring myself to do it. It is not just the money- I just love the idea that someone you love made you a cake with their own hands and wrote your name in icing themselves. Silly, I know. But, that is what my mom always took the time to do for me and I want to do it for my kids too. (even if my cakes aren't nearly as cute!!) But, no judgment toward anyone else.. you know "to each his own".


Watching the candles blow and hearing the birthday song...

...this is your birthday song, it doesn't last that long, hey! (any CWR folks out there?!?)




Isaac's first taste of cake... he approves.






Livy says... "you know this stuff ain't bad".


A birthday bath to end the night right.

Only 17 years left...





No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver