CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An Easter Hike

On Easter Saturday we went for a hike at Falls Lake.
Ethan loves to hike- he prefers that to a playground any day.
Ethan conquers the "mountain"


The babies - along for the ride. They really love the bumpy terrain.


The Lake.. or at least a cove.

I grew up boating at Falls Lake (and Kerr Lake) and I spent three summers on Lake Gaston working at Camp Willow Run. I always love to be near the water. There are few things on this Earth I enjoy more than just boating around on the lake and water skiing. I can't wait to introduce my children to this pleasure when they are a little older.

I always think of heaven as a place with a lot of lakes- where you can bask in the sun all day (without need for sunscreen), swim without growing weary, feel the wind in your face as you laugh with your family and friends, and end each night with a bonfire and smores. I know the scriptures don't indicate that life in heaven will be like this- but I imagine it will be that same feeling of carefree living and inner peace. I do know the scriptures say there are cities or towns in heaven - and I hope I am fortunate to live in one by a lake or an ocean. Since my mountain - loving husband does not want to move to the beach - I will have to wait until heaven to be waterfront.

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver