CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Should a Three Year Old Play Soccer???

Well? What do you think? Should a 3 year Old play soccer? Sounds young right? Well all the programs offer beginner soccer now to 3 and 4 year olds. We thought Ethan would love it so we took him out to his first session last Sunday. Let's just say- it did not go well.
Before the session started he did well running around and "practicing". But, by the end he was in tears and refusing to play or participate at all. We really did not know what to make of it - our extremely social little boy was throwing a first class temper tantrum. We have decided to give it one more try next Sunday- if we have another cry fest we will wait and try again next year.


GOAL!



We like soccer too!

"I no like soccer! I no want to wear these (shin guards)! I want to go home and go to bed!"
(Yes he really said he wanted to go to bed!!!)
So.... for us the jury is still out. We will have to wait and see if three is too young to start soccer.


2 comments:

melanie said...

Our Charlie wishes they started soccer at age 2!
He was thrilled to see the pictures of Ethan playing "big boy soccer" as he calls it.

Mike and Mandi said...

Just had to leave a comment as I came across your blog. Our 3 year old just started soccer also and we are about to pull him out and try again next year! Good luck and hope that it works out.

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver