Even though it is trite I keep thinking this week, "Where did the time go?". In some ways it seems like just yesterday that we brought these chubby and beautiful twins home from the hospital. But, it was not yesterday it was five years and four months ago. And, now we enter a new phase. A phase I often thought would never arrive, because the days were soooooooo long. But, it is here and I have been thinking many long thoughts this week about life and how fast it happens.
![]() |
| Right after delivery. |
![]() |
| The first time I held them. I had no idea what I was in for. |
![]() | |
| Our first photo shoot... the whole thing pretty much went like this. For that matter the next four months pretty much went like this! |
![]() |
| Finally starting to get happy about 3 months in! |
People ask John and I all the time how we did it, how we made it with twins. The answer is- I really have no idea! It was hard. We did it one day at a time, just like you would have to. My mom stayed with us for almost 6 weeks and was incredibly helpful and encouraging. John's mom played with Ethan many afternoons that first summer when I was too tired and emotionally worn out. We are grateful for both of them, they helped a lot. But, really I barely remember that first year. It was hard.
But, I would do it all again.
Olivia and Isaac were (are) our special blessing from the LORD. They reminded me that prayer works and God blesses his people.
It was hard, but it was worth it.
And, it still is! Isaac and Olivia are such fun, kind, and energetic kids! I am blessed that they are mine!
And now for the first day of this whole new phase of life...
| At her desk the first morning of school. So confident and excited to learn. |
| At his desk on the first day. He was ready to push us out the door. No nerves or tears at all. He told me he was ready to learn and make new friends. |
| Busy with morning work as John and I slipped out. As you can see from the pic- Yes, they are in the same class! |
Week one of school has gone well so far. The really love playing on the play ground, going to PE, eating in the cafeteria, and centers in their classroom. They are tired, but have nothing but good things to say about school.






No comments:
Post a Comment