CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ohio!

Almost every July since having kids we have headed to Ohio to see my family. This year less family was able to come to my grandmother's house, but it was still a good time. I feel extremely blessed that my kids are able to know both of their great grandmothers. 






The kids are always great in the car, seriously they did awesome. Thank God for sugary snacks and a DVD player in the car! On the way to my grandmothers house we stopped in Ohio's Amish country to buy cheese and chips and a rhubarb pie (straight rhubarb, please don't mix it with berries!). Here was the authentic Amish buggy tied up outside of the Amish market. I have been seeing buggies on the  (interior) highways in Ohio my whole life, but somehow it always amazes me.








One of my kids favorite things to do while we are at my Grandmother's house is play in the "pool" in her back yard. They always beg to get it out... it is a plastic pool she bought when they were just little things, but for some reason at her house it is a wonderful treat! They looked like giants in it this year! We also added a slip- n- slide to the mix this year.



At Lake Erie. It was a gray night and it stormed about 1 hour after this picture was taken, but it is always a treat to see the great lake. I am amazed at how many people I talk to have never seen any of the great lakes. You should.




We had a great trip, but sadly I did not get my camera out enough! I didn't even document seeing my grandparents or the delicious peach cobbler we had!! Until next year... 


No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver