CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Celebrating 4 Years

For a day of birthday celebration we headed out to Grandfather Mountain. The views and the weather was gorgeous. It was a fun day with the family.


We walked over the mile - high bridge. It is actually a mile above sea level. The bridge was nearly as scary as I anticipated.




Grandfather Mountain has a small wildlife area with animals native to the NC mountains. The most interesting one we saw up close was the Black Bear. They also have Cougars - but they were not visible the day we were there.



A little climbing before lunch.


With the grandparents.
Don't they just look like tourists with their binoculars on!


My parents out at the highest point.
We didn't take the kids all the way out there - the mile high bridge was enough adventure.



The view from Grandfather Mountain.


Isaac and Olivia are telling you how old they are... Livy is 4 and Isaac is 1 (or so claimed).




Granddad and the boys.


Our miniature teenager.

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver