CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 6, 2011

So We Moved...

Greetings friends and family! I finally took the time to go take a picture of our new home so I could update you on our circumstances. It is true... we moved... to the mountains... about 2 hours west of our old home. (I don't want to divulge our exact location for all the crazy folk that might try to come burn our house down!).

Here is our new home. We feel blessed to have found a mountain home to rent until our house back in The Triad sells. It is quaint and has plenty of mountain charm (and stairs)!

This was on move in day. My awesome friend Amy, one of many who spent the day helping us pack, clean, unpack and drove up the mountain with us. We are so thankful for our friends!
This is our family room.

Awesome friends, Emily and Ashley in the kitchen trying to unpack and organize my stuff! The greatest challenge with the house so far has been trying to figure out what we really need for the next 18 months of our lease. The house is adorable - but a lot smaller and not all of our stuff will fit. (And, we seriously thinned out our "stuff" before we moved!).

I will post a tour of our house once we are decorated and all the boxes are out... so next June!

The kids are all doing well. Ethan has started 1st grade at his new school and all has gone well. We have also tried a couple things at our new church- MOPS and AWANA and everyone has enjoyed that too. Overall, everyone is adjusting well and enjoying the new adventure.

Everything concerning this move happened really fast. It seems like one day we decided and the next day we were driving the trucks up here.
Even though it is an exciting season of new adventures it is also a time of sadness for us. We really loved our church, our house, and mostly our friends back in the Triad.

On the one hand there are so many things we are having to let go of... and on the other I know there are so many things we are going to be able to take hold of in our new life. It is an emotional season and we are still adjusting.

To our friends and family, thanks for all the prayers, gifts and help you provided in making this move happen. You made it so much easier for us (and so much harder- if you had all been jerks it would certainly been easier to say good-bye!).


3 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE the house! I know it's not permanent but it's really cool!!

Melissa said...

love you, friend! can't wait to see more pics!

Meredith Uber said...

Love the cabin! Thanks for sharing. School is out here, and the snow hasn't started!

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver