CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 1, 2010

How to Throw an Uppity Shower (When you are really not!)

So... I have been busy for the last month.
I was so excited for summer to start and my busy schedule to end (ha!).
Think again!
This month has been just as busy -
but without the benefit of two mornings of pre-school a week to get stuff done!

The first really exciting thing I did last month was help to throw a shower for my sweet friend Ashley. Emily, Kari and I decided to throw an Uppity shower- no games, dress up a little, in the evening, momtinis. None of us are uppity - but it was fun to pretend for one night!

Here are all our secrets...

1. Invite your uppity friends! From left to right: Ida, Emily, Ashley, Tiffany.

2. Laugh and talk about uppity things. Like how you hate Walmart and can't wait for Lacrosse camp to start.

3. Open monogrammed gifts.

4. Serve tiramisu in fine china with silver spoons.

5. Serve sushi, but don't dare try to roll it yourself, buy it from a professional sushi maker.

6. Why eat plain fruit, when you can eat fruit that is shaped like a flower?

7. Drink several momtini's in real glasses with garnish and rimming sugar.

8. Caprese salad on a stick.

9. Waste three entire peppers - just to have a cute place to put the vegetable dip.

10. Order cakes from a trendy (all be it over- priced) local bakery. But, hey I heard they were Delicious.

I threw 2 other showers in June. More on those later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all did an awesome job!! Loved it! SO glad there weren't any games. . .even though Monica's games were NOT lame. Just fun hanging out and eating yummy, yummy (uppity)food.

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver