CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Friday, June 4, 2010

Ohio for Memorial Day!

At the least minute, we decided to spend Memorial Day Weekend in Ohio with my grandmother. It was great. The weather was beautiful and so were the sunsets.
Sun setting over Lake Erie - just about 3 minutes from my grandmother's door.
Wish I had a boat.

Attempt to get a family shot. What is wrong with my kids?? Why will they not all look at the camera at the same time??

Olivia at the Lake.

Most of the days were spent in my grandmother's yard in the pool. The kids are still talking about Great Granny's "Pool" - they way they tell it you would think she has an Olympic size swimming pool back there.

I love this picture- it is just what life is like right now: Isaac spraying his sister in the face.

Another attempt at the Lake to get they all together.... really, why do I even bother?

Playing in the Lake. Although the papers reported that the water was only 55 degrees - the kiddos did not complain. (The next day we noticed there were no swimming and no wading signs posted- oh well).


On the way up we drove through Amish Country hoping to find some wheat berries. No luck, but we did see a few funny things... First, check out the car seat on the horse and buggy. Wonder if they have LATCH.


Amish farm with traditional plowing. This just strikes me as funny because it is so difficult!

No comments:

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver