CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You've Be Flocked

Last night, around 9:15 I was upstairs on the laptop and John was downstairs. I heard the doorbell ring (yeah that's weird for us at 9:15) and then I heard some cars peeling away in front of our house. Well - we were flocked! For all you beginners out there (I just found out last night) that means your yard has been covered in pink flamingos.
You may be wondering who would do this to two innocent adults who already have too much yard work (and house work) on their hands... well we were wondering too...
One of the cars I heard peel away was John. He heard something on the front porch and heard some teenagers yell "run" in our yard. He chased the teens out of the neighborhood and beyond. You could say he startled them with his chasing. The Jack Bauer in him just came out.
A couple minutes later a friend called and said it was their Young Life Group (Several of our friends are YL leaders in the area). You see - John jumped in his SUV and sped away so quickly he did not even see what the group had done (the flocking).
It was all in good fun and they are headed back tonight to get their birds back. And, I can tell you the kids LOVED it. Ethan noticed the "weird pink things" on the lawn right away and the babies spent most of the day staring out the front windows.
Thanks YL for sprucing up our otherwise hum drum week.

Nice birdie.


Grab that flamingo and wring it's scrawny neck.

Please let us out! Ethan gets to have all the bird fun!



2 comments:

Kim said...

Too funny! Good thing they were fake so you didn't have any crap to clean up...

You change your blog format more than anyone I know- looks great!

Laura said...

so fun! don't you just love that kind of thing? totally takes you back to the good ol' days . . . except that now we think about all the practical clean up that comes along with the fun! ha ha. love seeing the pics of your kids. looks like you are enjoy life as a mom to three. have a great week . . . love, L

“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”- George Washington Carver